Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Thing#6 - Smashed Again!


Wow! Let me reiterate my earlier comments about image junkies: having spent nearly an hour playing around with the different applications, my theories were only confirmed! How much can you do with a simple photograph? Well, apparently you can do nearly anything your mind can conceptualize!

Some of the photography applications I had seen before on other sites, but the more elaborate smashups - like the map with the photographs that pop up to define and detail given locations - now that is just amazing! If you haven't checked out Mappr yet, do so immediately -- just make sure you have time to spend.

Smashups give life to our wildest ideas. It is as if someone said, "Wouldn't it be cool if there were a way to (fill in the blank)," and someone else said, "Hey, I think I can write code for that!"
What I really like is the way these applications bring together linear, analytical thinking and the need to create something of beauty. The left side of the brain and the right side of the brain work together instead of compete! Eureka!

No comments: