Saturday, May 24, 2008

What did you you do?

As preparation for a five-day intensive seminar in leadership, my brother was asked to tell fifteen stories from his life- stories that detailed a time when he had worked hard to achieve something that had affected a change and with which he was pleased.



In humility, he readily acknowledged that he had no awards - scholastic, athletic, etc. - that would have provided the easy answers. There was nothing on a grand scale to which he could point, but instead he was pressed to really think about the events of his life and his accomplishments.



He shared some of his stories with us, his family, but I'll leave them for his telling. He is the far-better storyteller in the family. But, it does make one think, doesn't it? Ask yourself the question - What work have I done that was hard, affected a change, and with which I was pleased?



I'm not sure myself, but I'll start the list with my friend Lucille - those of you who know her need no other details - and follow it with Christmas Cookie Santa Ornaments.

No comments: