Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thing #20 - I figured it out!

This blogging stuff is starting to go to my head! I fancy myself having an audience of readers who has noticed that I haven't posted anything of great value all week long. Figuring that some of us might need a break from the increasingly technical demands of the 23 Things, especially the source code problem with youtube that so many are experiencing, I thought a little fun was in order and suggested the Vocabulary Game.

This bought me a little time, to be quite honest. Yous see, I spent the week at an AP conference at Rice, and if you've ever attended any week-long conference, you will recognize the seemingly contradictory symptoms of "Conference Syndrome" - a brain enfeebled by information overload coupled with a body suffering from the innervating effects of sitting for eight hours. Remember the movie "Parenthood" with Steve Martin? In it, his young son would run around the house with a metal bucket on his head, blindly careening off of walls and other obstacles that got in his way. Yet, he had all this pent of energy that had to be spent! That is exactly how I felt each afternoon: thoughtlessly energized.

However, now that a couple of days have passed, all of of that information has started to sink in. Even better, I can better appreciate the value of our newly-learned web2.0 applications. For instance, I am going to create a roll for all of the websites I learned about in my conference. That way I only have to remember where I heard the information, not the specific addresses, etc. I will post it for you all to see when I am done...

In specific response to this thing, I have included a few video clips. One of our great debates this week was about the merits of the different Hamlet productions. So, I played around on youtube to see what they offered. Sure, the expected clips are there, starring Mel, Lawrence, and Ethan, but here are a few I didn't expect to find from The Muppets, Animaniacs, and Cat Head Theater. Enjoy!







4 comments:

atxteacher said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love your photo and your Wordle looks great. I need to figure out what you did to add it to your blog. I had trouble.

I can't see the video. But I don't know if that's my machine's problem or an "embedding" problem.

Best of luck!

LauraAnn said...

I hope the videos work now... Please try them again, if time permits!

Isn't wordle fun? I deleted my original "work," but I plan on creating another one soon. Did you see the option of printing T-shirts from wordle creations? Woudn't that be fun to do as a class project?

My creative juices are flowing!

Thanks for stopping by...

nancym said...

Hey sis. I have been a busy blogger. I too was trying to come up with a term for blog cleanup but have failed to come up with a thing, yet. I don't know if Google Doc is very differnet from wiki's. It just seemed easier somehow. I like to think I might try to use mostly Google tools just to simplify my cyberlife. There is a word! I made myself stay home yesterday due to exhaustion from tennis. I finished all the wedding stuff and blogged. How about this? Am I the only one who can't type in the word verification right the first time? Nancy

Ann Williams said...

I love Cathead Theater! Have you shown it to Coach?
I liked the cartoon one, too--but couldn't get the first one to play--
this is so much fun!