Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Vocabulary Game


Hey there, fellow Learn2Players! I have an idea: let's play a word game! Respond to this post with a new word that you have learned through Learn2play.


The word can be technological jargon (sorry Ann, I know you hate jargon) like "blogosphere", or "wiki" or "lurking." Seriously, you need a whole new lexicon to participate in this initiative, don't you? So??? What words have you learned?


Looking for a more creative outlet? How about coming up with your own original term -- one that you've made up to suit a particular situation? For example, I coined the term "Johnny Appleseeding" to describe my daily visits to other blogs, encouraging chatter among others. Here's another: "hit and blogging" - I like it to describe my sister's random visits to other bloggers. She just pops in, says hello, and then moves along. (FrognToad is her blog, by the way).I think she's hoping to become a web celebrity. Hey, there's another budding term - a weblebrity!


Come on you guys, let's have some fun! I've read your blogs, and I know how clever you are, so let's see what you can do!


4 comments:

VWB said...

"parking lot"-- a "place" for parking (storing) all the products one makes!

not sure it is original with me, but I have even adapted one of blogs to serve as a parking spot for a collection Animoto videos.

I like to link things as a means of parking them where I can find them again as well

Susanna said...

I like "widgets". It sounds like a muppet or Star Wars character.

I also like "blogosphere", because it is like we are all hovering just above the atmoshphere in another realm.

I was thinking the other day that this blog network is like a religion to some. I would call it Blogolic, because non- Blogolics, like non-Catholics, would have a hard time understanding the conventions. I am not sure I have compltely converted to Blogolocism yet. I'll let you know.

nancym said...

Blogfog when you can't get an idea for your post.

Sandbox the site for playing.

Post tramumatic attack- when you realize someone might find out sometning from your blog that they didn't know about you!
nscu- no spell check used.

I love your idea cause we use so many coined terms when we are just blogging around.

Later Nan Nancy...

Ann Williams said...

What about webfumbling--for those of us who are klutzes with technology--we can be webfumblers!

These experiences this summer have made us enter a secret world--I feel like Alice in Cyberland. Really an alternate sphere that is all around us--but you need a few keys to enter the garden--like Alice--

On youtube--I copied the code--but when I try to paste it to my site I click add an element--the you tube one--and then can't figure out how to put the code on my site from there--I am going to watch your Hamlet movies now, my dear!
I like reading the notes from your sister!