Saturday, June 20, 2009

Thing 5 - Twitter!


June 20, 2009:

5:00 a.m. – I’m up finishing the end of Meredith Forester’s Diary of an Ordinary Woman. Dang it – just as the title states: ordinary! Not to mention long...

7:00 – Going out for a run, hoping to beat some of the Houston heat and humidity.

7:50 – Post-run report: five miles, five snakes, one turtle, one rabbit, a gazillion cyclists…

8:45 – Hazel and Joey are here: Everyone should have a lovely British lady for a neighbor.

10:00 – At La Centerra Farmers’ Market – hot pavement is bad for business!

11:00 – What farmers’ market lacks, Campbell’s soup will provide. Mmm, mmm, good!

12:00 –Sobering news is only one phone call away.

2:00 – Happy Anniversary, George and Theda!

4:30 - Distress call from Marjorie: needs groceries and prescriptions.

5:30 – At the grocery store again. Cantaloupes look nice, but two dollars apiece? Is this Kroger or Whole Foods???

7:00 – Nice to cook dinner for someone who really loves to eat!

7:45 – Trying to watch movie with Joe while blogging, but find I can’t multitask. Blog is better than movie…

7:52 – Movie is boring; Joe and Coach have both fallen asleep.

8:00 – Trying to compose some sort of response about Facebook and Twitter. Can’t figure out why people would want to read about the minutia of my life.

8:15 - Still thinking… 8:30 - Still thinking… 8:45 - Still thinking…

9:00 Just remembered that I spent 7 days reading every excruciating detail of Millicent King’s life. Maybe someone might be interested in the details of my life.

9:01 – Begin mock twit (twitt?)

9:37 – Realize that there might be something to this Twitter stuff…

10:00 - Realize that I have spent far too much time on this post! I must rescind my comments about the length of Forester's work. Some lives will require 385 pages; others, hourly updates.

2 comments:

nancym said...

Hey! You skipped task 4. Did you feel as I did that I had nothing to share with the world on You Tube? I have been curious about Twitter. When I was wondering about one of our newsreporters yesterday Gay told me to twit her but I didn't.

nancym said...

Teacher1Ashley suggested I just do a voicethread about how flamingoes get their pink color for my Youtube upload. I have it done but haven't tried the uplading yet. I'm notsure it will work but she says it will. We'll see!

Never heard back from Travels.
I try to comment on at least one other blog a day but as usual the other players are not playing very much.